This weekend has been quite an eventful one. On April 29, someone or other important got married; I happened to be watching the news when their wedding came on. On an unrelated note, here's a picture of an odd flowerbed in town:
Anyway, on Sunday I was fortunate enough to be convinced by my friends to attend a Ceilidh in St. Andrews Castle. I have little aptitude for dancing, but this, I can say, was genuinely fun. I suppose that I understand things like square dances now: if you're an expert, fine, but if not, that's good too.
And today, three of us embarked on an hour and a half long bus ride to the village of Tillicoultry in order to hike to Ben Cleuch, tallest of the Ochil Hills. It is possible that 'hill' is an understatement, but they don't quite have the stature of mountains. At any rate, our hike, while not unsuccessful, did send us wandering among various paths amongst the hills probably used solely by sheep and shepherds. We never did come upon our intended route, although the four hours we spent walking were pleasant and the hills were beautiful. The day was clear and blue; the temperature almost just right. And a splendid day it was. Enjoy these pictures!
Sheep upon the hills!
An old, broken down stone wall.
These rocks marked the top of the hill which we ascended.
It's hard to see here, but these rocks were in a horseshoe around that large tree, creating a perfect fort. Ultra-cool.
The moss on these rocks was rather remarkably thick.
I'm unsure of what this yellow-flowered crop is, but there was an awful lot of it along the road that our bus took.
No comments:
Post a Comment